Less than a week ago, Saab Automobile Parts North America started up a secure program ensuring that 2010 & 2011 Saab owners would receive a Limited Lifetime Proection Plan on internal engine parts for no costs. Saab owners of 2009 or earlier vehicles will also be able to have access to Saab genuine parts. Without going into too much re-explanation, here is the official press release from Saab with all of the details which is essentially great news for Saab owners.
Saab Automobile Parts North America Launches Saab Secure Program for recent Saab Owners
- Program makes available a Limited Lifetime Protection Plan on internal engine components for 2010 and 2011 Model Year Saab owners for no initial cost.
- Offers affordable extended vehicle service contract coverage, backed by a respected industry partner.
- Program complements the recent agreement between Saab Automobile Parts North America and General Motors to provide warranty services on 2009 and prior model year vehicles.
- Saab Automobile parts North America has created an infrastructure to ensure Saab Owners have access to Saab Genuine Parts, Accessories and Service for many years to come.
Today, Saab Automobile Parts North America (SPNA) announced its Saab Secure program. The program was developed to support those 2010 and 2011 model year Saab owners left without warranty coverage due to the bankruptcy of Saab Automobile AB in Sweden.
All 2010 and 2011 model year Saab vehicle owners are eligible to come in for a no charge initial oil change and service, which includes BG Products, Inc. engine oil additives. This service initiates the Limited Lifetime Protection Plan backed by BG. As long as the owner continues to service their vehicle within the required intervals and at a Saab Official Service Center, the protection plan will continue for the life of the vehicle.
In addition to the Limited Lifetime BG Protection Plan, Saab Secure will offer 2010 and 2011 model year vehicles, with up to 70,000 miles, a menu of Saab Secure vehicle service contracts that provide extended coverage levels and terms at affordable prices. Coverage is available from Basic Care powertrain coverage to Premier Care comprehensive component coverage, and is available in terms from 1 to 5 years from the date of contract purchase. These products are being launched in partnership with Pablo Creek Services, Inc.
"Just over a year ago the news was not good. Saab owners in North America and globally had just learned of the bankruptcy of one of the world's most cherished automobile brands," said Tim Colbeck, President and CEO of SPNA. "Today they are hearing some good news about parts, service and vehicle coverage. It is news Saab owners and the Saab network deserve, and I'm pleased to announce our new programs and partner companies, who are all committed to serving Saab owners in North America."
Today's news follows the announcement last month that SPNA and GM entered into a Warranty Services Agreement that authorizes SPNA to provide warranty administration and related services through SPNAs network of Warranty Service Providers for model year 2009 and prior Saab vehicles still covered under the GM limited warranty.
The Saab Secure program launch marks the culmination of a busy startup period for SPNA. In the spring of 2012, Saab Automobile Parts AB in Sweden established SPNA as its North American subsidiary. In early June
2012, SPNA purchased the remaining parts inventory from the Saab Cars bankruptcy estate and began operations in North America. Since then, SPNA has:
- Established a network of 179 Official Service Centers in the US and Canada.
- Returned availability of Saab parts back to the high levels that existed prior to the Saab Automobile AB bankruptcy.
- Entered into an agreement with General Motors to administer warranty services on 2009 and prior model years, providing a seamless warranty experience for those Saab owners.
- Launched the Saab Secure program to support owners of 2010 and 2011 Saab models.
- Launched a North America Technical Assistance Center to provide technical help for Saab Service Centers in providing high quality repairs for Saab owners.
- Launched a North America Customer Assistance Center on January 7, 2013 to support all Saab customers in North America needing assistance with inquiries about parts, accessories, service and technical support.
- Launched a new SPNA website, Saab.com and Facebook page www.facebook.com/Saab to share up to date information about the company, service facilities and current promotions.
"The company has been working hard to build an infrastructure for the future. It's great that we are now able to launch these new programs, providing added support to Saab owners and the Saab service network. We want to keep Saab cars and owners on the road well into the future" Colbeck concluded.
About Saab Automobile Parts North America
Saab Automobile Parts North America was founded to ensure Saab owners in North America are supported with Genuine Parts, Accessories, Technical Support and Repair Service for years to come. SPNA is a DBA for North America Distribution Services, a new company, separate and independent from the Saab Automobile companies that entered bankruptcy in 2011 and 2012.
The company is headquartered in suburban Detroit, Michigan; and operates a 153,000 square foot parts warehouse in Allentown, Pennsylvania. There are approximately 40 employees and contractors in the company.
SPNA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Saab Automobile Parts AB, a global spare parts and logistics company, headquartered in Sweden. Saab Automobile Parts AB in Sweden was part of the Saab Cars family of companies. However, unlike Saab Automobile AB, Saab Automobile Parts AB did not enter bankruptcy. The company's shares are now fully owned by the Swedish government, who recently formalized their ownership interest. The company has been placed with the Ministry of Finance which currently runs about 36 companies out of the 55 companies wholly or partly owned by the Swedish government. The government has stated their intention is to be a stable owner and develop the company further.
SPNA currently has 179 Official Service Centers throughout North America, many of whom are former Saab dealers. The network continues to expand as the company identifies areas where Saab owners could use more support. A full listing of Saab Official Service and Parts Centers is available on Saab.com.
Products and Services
SPNA is the exclusive authorized distributor to the North American market of the full line of Genuine Saab Parts and Accessories. In addition, they are the exclusive provider of Genuine Saab Service through its network of Saab Official Service and Parts Centers.
For More Information visit you're nearest Saab Official Service Center or Saab.com.